Skip to main content

Someday

Yesterday evening before bed I begin thinking about my life as a Life Coach. My thought was that I can help others find balance, hope, and restore their faith, but in my immediate family there's some that I just can't seem to reach. I know that people have to be ready for change, but it saddens me to witness suffering that can be avoided by making changes to their life.

My thoughts took me to questioning God's plan for my life - is this really my purpose?
I had to give myself a quick pep talk to stay focused on what I know is true, and to keep my mind from slipping to a place of defeat.
I had to remind myself that no matter how many setbacks or disappointments that enter my life, God still has a great plan for me. I can't allow myself to lose hope - if I don't have hope I won't have faith, and I've lived that life before - I have no intentions of going back. I have to take what God has given me, my special talents, and do all that I can do with it.

A few years ago my pastor did a great sermon on "someday" that has always stuck with me. I don't remember his exact words, but he talked about some of the greatest talent that we never got to experience. Such as, the best writers that we never read their books, artist that their work should have been in museums, talented musicians that we didn't get to dance to their music, athletes that we never saw play, singers, coaches, visionaries, entrepreneurs - the list is endless because we all have something magnificent to give to this world, but a vast majority of people take all of their God given talents to the grave, waiting for someday.

I occasionally have to remind myself that conditions aren't always going to be perfect, and me waiting for someday will just take my talents and dreams to the grave. I need to continue to be diligent in the pursuit of fulfilling my purpose because that's Gods plan for my life. I can't allow fear, a bad day, or a bad week to change the course of my life. I can't let the stumbling blocks become my road blocks. I have to keep my hopes and faith alive and remember that I'm not fighting my battles on my own, I'm not walking my journey alone, and someday is a crutch.


Don't let your talents and dreams go to the grave waiting for someday - show the world what you have to offer!




Peace, Love, & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people