Skip to main content

My Ah-Ha Moment




This inspirational quote was sent to me a few weeks ago. I loved the message so I saved it, but I didn't put too much thought into it until I had an Ah -ha moment after a meditation.

It was last week and I was feeling overwhelmed dealing with a family member. I tried having a conversation offering guidance and expressing my concerns, but the response that I received was, "You're not my life coach - I didn't hire you." Okay, fair enough I thought, so I shut myself in my bedroom to do a meditation assignment. I honestly didn't think I would be able to focus, but I needed to create some peace within myself since I don't function well with chaos, and I was hoping for some clarity on this situation.

Surprisingly, the meditation allowed me to release all the anxiety that I was feeling; so during that relaxed state I prayed for a message on what to do. Towards the end of the medication you were asked to visualize a huge white canvas and create whatever comes to your mind. I created a vibrant purple flower with orange and yellow bursting in the center. Above the flower the words YOU DID IT in bright colors were on a banner that waved above the flower. I didn't think about my creation when I completed the meditation until later that evening. The next step in this assignment was to draw my creation and write an essay explaining the message and my feeling behind it. This is when my epiphany came.

I had stage four cancer in 1999 and have been cancer free since. (Praise God) Shortly after my battle I had a purple flower tattooed on my shoulder blade. The flower that I saw was a reminder of my battle, my fight! The YOU DID IT was my message that I had fought my battle and won, but my family member had not fought theirs. This was not my walk and not my battle, but me being a fixer by nature I want to fix it because that's what I do.
I realized by doing this I wasn't being obedient to God. I was interfering - I was praying and saying that I was walking in faith, but I really wasn't. This is not my journey and not my lessons to be learned. So I did a difficult thing for me and I feel for most mothers - I stepped away from the situation.

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."
Buddha

 Don't think in anyway that this means I don't love or care what happens. I made this decision because I do love and care. I have faith and know that God would never steer me wrong, so for now I'm praying and waiting.

"Don't let the noise of the world keep you from hearing the voice of God. -Unknown

Peace, Love & Hugs!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people