Skip to main content

Is The Word Bitch Working For You

I'm going to begin by saying that Scotland's National Animal is a Unicorn! This has nothing to do with my blog, but I didn't know that and I think it's awesome so I had to share! I can guarantee when I share this information with my five year old granddaughter she's going to want to move to Scotland with her rainbow car she says she getting.

Now what I was going to blog about doesn't seem appropriate with cute unicorns looking down, but its been on my mind so I'm just going to vent a little. I'm not sure if it's because I had this discussion with a friend a couple of weeks ago that I'm noticing it more than usual, but why are women and girls calling each other bitches? I'm hearing it on television, I see it on quotes, you can take online quizzes to see how much of a bitch you are, or if you're a basic bitch. Why? When did all of this become acceptable? It's not okay. I don't care what context you're using it because if you're not describing a female dog, it's a derogatory word - lets not forget that!

Let's show more respect and quit addressing ourselves and each other as bitches. Saying that you're a bad bitch to describe yourself is ridiculous. You want people to respect you, and you should have more respect for yourself. I feel that women are degrading themselves by this.We are literally creating and celebrating a new demeaning name for women. I'm going to stop with that because I could vent for days on this subject, but can we get a new word please.

I don't want to make light of this or contradict what I just said, but I'm going to end with a picture quote using the word bitch. Sorry, but this one seems appropriate.
Peace, Love & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people