Skip to main content

Time To Leave The Nest

Yesterday was 38 years of marriage for me. If we're friends on Facebook or Instagram I know you saw this selfie of us. Thank you everyone for all of the well wishes and nice thoughts that you sent our way. We are truly blessed!
Several people have stated they can't believe we've been together that long, but for us it doesn't seem like that many years have gone by. We just live in the moment taking each day as it comes.

I wish I could say that our weekend was all about our anniversary, but that's not how life works for us. We always have a situation that greets us. For example, we went out to dinner Saturday evening to celebrate - when we got home I went out to the side yard and I noticed that my door that enters into the garage was off and just leaning to give the allusion that it was closed. So now we get to play the what's missing game. This is our life!  There's always a bump in the road because we are always dealing with a relapse in our family.

I can have a session with a client and lead them to the clarity that they need for their life, but I can't seem to get out of my rut of dealing with an addict. Although, there has been some clarity because we made the decision that in 5 years or less we're leaving the state and going to greener pastures. Am I running away? Yes, I am absolutely running away because I can. That's one great thing about being an adult - I'm allowed. Is it a risky move? Possibly, but life is all about taking risks. I'm not trying to play the victim, it's just time for us to leave the nest and fly away to new adventures so we can create a new life for ourselves.

“We attain freedom as we let go of whatever does not reflect our magnificence. A bird cannot fly high or far with a stone tied to its back. But release the impediment, and we are free to soar to unprecedented heights.” – Alan Cohen

Have a blessed Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people