Skip to main content

Time To Leave The Nest

Yesterday was 38 years of marriage for me. If we're friends on Facebook or Instagram I know you saw this selfie of us. Thank you everyone for all of the well wishes and nice thoughts that you sent our way. We are truly blessed!
Several people have stated they can't believe we've been together that long, but for us it doesn't seem like that many years have gone by. We just live in the moment taking each day as it comes.

I wish I could say that our weekend was all about our anniversary, but that's not how life works for us. We always have a situation that greets us. For example, we went out to dinner Saturday evening to celebrate - when we got home I went out to the side yard and I noticed that my door that enters into the garage was off and just leaning to give the allusion that it was closed. So now we get to play the what's missing game. This is our life!  There's always a bump in the road because we are always dealing with a relapse in our family.

I can have a session with a client and lead them to the clarity that they need for their life, but I can't seem to get out of my rut of dealing with an addict. Although, there has been some clarity because we made the decision that in 5 years or less we're leaving the state and going to greener pastures. Am I running away? Yes, I am absolutely running away because I can. That's one great thing about being an adult - I'm allowed. Is it a risky move? Possibly, but life is all about taking risks. I'm not trying to play the victim, it's just time for us to leave the nest and fly away to new adventures so we can create a new life for ourselves.

“We attain freedom as we let go of whatever does not reflect our magnificence. A bird cannot fly high or far with a stone tied to its back. But release the impediment, and we are free to soar to unprecedented heights.” – Alan Cohen

Have a blessed Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...