Skip to main content

What's A Hero

Hero
A hero or heroine is a person or character who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, displays courage or self-sacrifice—that is, heroism—for some greater good. Wikipedia


I thought about the definition of a hero when I read that ESPN is receiving criticism for making Caitlyn Jenner the recipient of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPY Awards. Many are saying that ESPN is just chasing the trend and that Lauren Hill should get the award. I'm not going to give my opinion on this, it just got me thinking of what my definition of a hero is.

I have people in my life that I would classify as a hero because of what they've endured, and how they survived. Some of my heroes have taken a stand to correct some of the wrongs in our society. They are loyal, kind, have good morals, and are brave. My heroes come in all genders, ages, colors, sizes, and economic backgrounds. In all honesty, I believe that most of us are a hero in the eyes of someone. I also believe that sometimes you just have to be your own hero.

“when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong and you'll finally see the truth- that hero lies in you.” 
― Mariah Carey

Peace, Love & Hugs!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people