Skip to main content

Blessed

I have to share how blessed I feel hearing what Bent not Broken means to so many people. I've heard from people that have lost loved ones, jobs, homes, struggled with addiction. I love how they didn't allow their circumstance to define them or destroy them. It's not always easy to find the positive in situations - it's refreshing and uplifting to hear from those that have the will and desire to not be defeated.

When you're not the one fighting the battle it's easy to say they need to get over it, move on, quit living in the past. I can tell you first hand it's not that easy. Overcoming our past takes diligence. It takes re-training our thought process and filling our brain with positive thoughts. It's critical to be able to say "I Matter." There were many times growing up that I questioned that. It took me many years to understand that the brick walls in my path had holes in them. I just had to take the step to walk through them. Change takes both time and effort, along with energy. It a lot easier to dig a deep hole for yourself and shut the world out. It's a choice to accept being Bent not Broken.

I also understand wanting friends and loved ones to get over it and move on. There's been several times that I had the same thought with certain people. That's when it's time for me to move on and remind myself that I alone can't change anyone. They have to want it and work hard at it for themselves.                                                                                         
I've learned while dealing with those fighting the demons of their past that we need to show understanding, we need to listen without responding - control our thoughts. We need to offer prayer and give hope, and if you have to walk away for awhile never stop praying.

Blessings to all of you on your journey.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people