Skip to main content

My Ladies



This morning I was looking through old pictures and this one stood out to me. I think mainly because my grandkids in this pic are now all in middle school. They're beautiful young ladies, and I must add, Fabulous. I remember them learning to how to ride a bike - before long it will be learning how to drive a car.
They are starting their own journey - working on making their mark in the world. They're strong confident young ladies that are caring, loving, and giving. I'm so proud of them. In fact, I'm proud of all the women in my family. We all believe in the importance of women empowering each other and standing up for what is right. In fact, my daughter Melissa was just sharing with me last night how she sat down with a 13 year old that's a little lost right now. She explained to her the importance of loving and believing in herself. We need to remember that sometimes we're the only positive thing that someone sees, and the only voice of reason that someone hears. Everyone doesn't have family that cares or a support group to go to during tough times. Especially a 13 year old ... there's a lot of pressure in fitting in at that age. She might not be aware that her life can be different - we need to be the example and the teacher. So on that note, try to always be the best example that you can be...you never know who's watching and learning.


“We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change.” – Sheryl Sandberg (COO of Facebook)




                                                                 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people