Skip to main content

I hear it, see it in quotes daily, and I preach it - everyone is fighting a battle so show kindness, compassion, and don't judge others. But yesterday was one of those days that the battles of others became my battle, and I wasn't very respectful. I didn't have compassion for the adults involved, and there was some judgment on my part since it's a reoccurring situation that has been happening for too many years.

As the day went on I questioned my behavior because it wasn't fair to the person that I exploded on because she was emotionally hurting, but I was hurting as well because my grandchildren are the recipients of this storm. It stirs up a basket full of emotions for me because I was that child; going through life weathering the storm. I never knew if it would be a day of sunshine and birds chirping, or a thunderstorm that makes you hide under the covers and shiver. It's not the way life should be lived, so I work on doing what ever I can to create the sunshine for my grandchildren. I protect those that I love.

Was I wrong to be angry instead of sympathetic - possibly, but I came to the conclusion that I'm allowed to have a bad day, it's okay for me to not always feel sympathetic to an entire situation, and I'm never going to agree with what I feel is wrong. Furthermore, I'm going to always speak my truth because God gave me my voice, and I refuse to be silenced. But my delivery was wrong. My words could have been kinder - I've taken ownership of that along with explaining my reaction to those involved. I have triggers, and unfortunately sometimes my past comes to visit.

The moral to my story is speak your truth, but do it in a way that you're not hurtful, and take responsibility when you mess up. We're all flawed trying to get through life the best that we know how, so kindness does matter.




Peace, Love, & Hugs



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...