Skip to main content

I hear it, see it in quotes daily, and I preach it - everyone is fighting a battle so show kindness, compassion, and don't judge others. But yesterday was one of those days that the battles of others became my battle, and I wasn't very respectful. I didn't have compassion for the adults involved, and there was some judgment on my part since it's a reoccurring situation that has been happening for too many years.

As the day went on I questioned my behavior because it wasn't fair to the person that I exploded on because she was emotionally hurting, but I was hurting as well because my grandchildren are the recipients of this storm. It stirs up a basket full of emotions for me because I was that child; going through life weathering the storm. I never knew if it would be a day of sunshine and birds chirping, or a thunderstorm that makes you hide under the covers and shiver. It's not the way life should be lived, so I work on doing what ever I can to create the sunshine for my grandchildren. I protect those that I love.

Was I wrong to be angry instead of sympathetic - possibly, but I came to the conclusion that I'm allowed to have a bad day, it's okay for me to not always feel sympathetic to an entire situation, and I'm never going to agree with what I feel is wrong. Furthermore, I'm going to always speak my truth because God gave me my voice, and I refuse to be silenced. But my delivery was wrong. My words could have been kinder - I've taken ownership of that along with explaining my reaction to those involved. I have triggers, and unfortunately sometimes my past comes to visit.

The moral to my story is speak your truth, but do it in a way that you're not hurtful, and take responsibility when you mess up. We're all flawed trying to get through life the best that we know how, so kindness does matter.




Peace, Love, & Hugs



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people