Skip to main content

Happy Thoughts

I have trained myself over the years to disconnect or detach myself from situations that cause me to feel overwhelmed because it steals my peace. I over think, obsess, and lose sleep because I can't clear my mind. I replay it over and over with different scenarios of how it should have or could have been. It's definitely not a place where I like to be; but our minds are constantly filled with thoughts, and unfortunately some that are  troublesome. From negative thoughts to visions of terrifying things that may happen. By the way, the terrifying horrible things seldom happen, and a thought is just a thought.

 But as we all know situations occur in life that cause us to go to an emotional place that plays with our mind.  For example, I was having positive thoughts about an individual that I believed was making good choices and achieving great progress. But a conversation with a third party led my thoughts in a different direction. It broke my heart to think it was true, but my mind went from the positive thoughts to negative thoughts based on our conversation. I had to tell myself to Stop! I didn't need to start assuming and thinking the worst. I didn't really know the full extent of the situation so it was ridiculous to allow my mind to run wild and free with crazy and negative thoughts. I needed to let it go and snap my mind back to my silver lining thinking. I had to reframe my thoughts to not lose my peace. 

Reframing simply involves identifying the negative thoughts and replacing them with more positives ones. I say simply, but it requires practice, patience, and commitment like most things in life. When you notice a negative thought occurring, consciously and deliberately interrupt it with a positive one. There is always something positive that you can reflect on. Practice daily and before long those negative thoughts will have only a short visit in your mind. 

Make today a day filled with Happy Thoughts!

Peace. love, & hugs!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people