Skip to main content

Life Threw Me Some Lemons

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!

I learned a few new life lessons over the weekend, which is proof that age doesn't allot us the wisdom to handle some of life's storms. I had to acknowledge and accept that some families are just broken, and some people just don't want your help. Some people have an image of you that you didn't know you portrayed, which in turn leaves them to have a misconception of you no matter what growth or changes that you've made in your life.
I can't fix what I didn't know was broken, and I can't change the thoughts in the minds of others. Furthermore, I can't force change upon anyone but myself, and that is something I do daily. I don't ever want to become stagnate.

Families break up when people take hints you don't intend and miss hints you do intend.
Robert Frost

I'm a product of a broken screwed up mess of a family, so I never wanted that for my immediate family. But I am not God, and I'm obviously not the matriarch of my family, so I have to walk and give people the space that they need so they can have their peace, and so that I can have mine. I believe that's called respect.
It saddens me to do this because I believe that behavior speaks volumes and reveals a conglomeration of things, and families should extend the olive branch, but if people don't want you in their life - they don't want you in their life. It's not giving up the person, but it's knowing that they have had enough, and it's time to accept and respect that.



 The bottom line is you can only love the best that you can, but sometimes that's just not enough for some people. Families have struggles, love can be complicated, and life is hard. So I'm going to accept the lemons thrown at me and let it go for the good of everyone involved.

Peace, Love & Hugs!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people