Skip to main content



It seems lately that most of my emails and text messages are from friends asking for prayer.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in our own life and forget that other people are hurting and need our prayers.

My friend Eric was sharing with me that Saturday around 2 in the morning he suddenly woke up. He couldn't fall back to sleep so he started praying for friends and family. As he prayed he kept seeing his brother in law - he said he was on his knees praying for him for 45 minutes or so.                     Later that morning he sent him a text message telling him that God put on his heart for him to pray for him, and that he needed to be the bigger person and contact his daughter from his previous marriage that he had been wanting to have a relationship with. Eric received a text from his brother in law later that afternoon saying, "Guess where I'm at?" He was having lunch with his daughter. That was on Saturday and Sunday he passed away. It's a tragic loss for the family, but such a blessing for his daughter that she was able to have a moment and a memory of her dad. It's true, sometimes all it takes is just one prayer.

The Bible reminds us in 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”




I just want to remind everyone to take time to pray for others.

Have a safe and blessed Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people