Skip to main content
I woke up this morning feeling like it was Fall because it was cloudy and dark outside -  motivated me to go for a walk.

Got Makenna in the stroller, plugged in the ipod, and Kelsey and I went for a 5 mile walk around the neighborhood. There was a time when I walked year round, but the older I get I can't seem to handle the heat, so I love the cooler weather!

I had a great visit with Carol and Arlene yesterday morning. When you go to Carol's you can always expect to feel like your being pampered at a 5 star resort. She is so elegant and proper with exceptional hostess skills.... entertaining is her thing. The table was set beautifully as usual, and the coffee and danish - delicious!  She will be leaving Wednesday to go back to Hawaii to take care of her granddaughter - hoping to be back by February to stay.                                                                          

I'm happy I was able to get together with both her and Arlene. Good friends are hard to find, so I cherish the ones that I have.

Have a Happy Thursday... Hakuna Matata!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...