Skip to main content
Makenna had a great first day of preschool!                                                                                        

My friend Denise has been teaching preschool since I first met her 1989 and probably before that. My son, one of my daughters, and 4 of my grandchildren have gone to her - she has a great Christian based program. I use to teach with her many many years ago, but left to teach at Mountain Ridge High School when they started their preschool program. Anyway, Makenna was apprehensive about going but did really well with the other kids and did well on following directions. She did come home saying a new word - fortunately it's a good one. Her new word for the day was Amen. When they all sat down for lunch and folded their hands, closed their eyes, and bowed their heads to pray; Makenna covered her eyes with her hands peeking through her little fingers watching them. Once she said amen with them it became her new word. Hallelujah!

One of the kids brought super hero costumes for all of them so they could save the block. Love the imagination! So we got them dressed towards the end of preschool and we walked around the block... they all had a blast!
When we arrived at preschool
Meeting her new friends





The Preschool Super Heroes 



On a sad note...I received a text message last night from my friend Eric Winfield asking for prayer. His brother in law (46 years old) passed away from a heart attack. He left Sunday evening to the store and never returned. Eric's sister received a call Monday evening saying he was at the morgue and had died of a heart attack. I can't even begin to imagine how she's feeling or what she's going through. Please join me in praying for the family.
Some have been to the mountain. I have been to my knees by the side of my bed. ~Robert Brault

Have the best Tuesday and count your blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people