Skip to main content

58 Years


Today marks 58 years that God has blessed me with; and I am beyond grateful! There were many years of my life that I just took each day for granted, not acknowledging that everyday is a gift that I have been blessed with.
I was too busy surviving and working to accumulate things, versus using most of that energy and time on people. I missed out on moments because I was too busy focusing on what was ahead instead of being in the now. It really wasn't until I woke up one day and found out that I had stage 4 cancer. I was in the best place in my life back then I thought. I was in great physical shape, working and going to school, but my life got turned upside down. Every time my doctor would tell me how lucky I was that I caught my cancer in time, and it was good that I listen to my body, I saw it as my wake up call from God. I had become lost with recognizing my purpose, and I was living with a more is better attitude. Don't get me wrong, I like nice things, but I don't need an over abundance of any material item. I was reminded that the devil is a thief. He will have us believe that more power, more money, and more things define who we are. We begin to believe that we need the best of everything - homes, cars, clothes, shoes, etc.while losing sight of the things that are irreplaceable.

I woke up this morning rushing to get my day started instead of taking time to say thank you to God like I do each morning. As I scurried around the house my thoughts became consumed with whys, doubts, and wants. Such as, why don't I have the summer home up North to escape from the heat. Why am I not making the money that I want to make, what have I accomplished in 58 years, and so on and so on - you get it. I had to remind myself that I don't have to be where I want to be. I have to be where God needs me. So, thank you God for me being cancer free for 17 years, and for showing me that everyday is a blessing filled with beautiful moments and blessings.

Blessings Everyone!

Peace, love & hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people