Skip to main content

Sleep

I wrote yesterday on how I go to Vegas to get a goodnight sleep. Today I want to share with you what it's like to try and sleep in my house.

My home only has 4 bedrooms and they're fairly close to one another, so for a light sleeper like myself you tend to hear every little sound. So lets begin with my room. I have a 14 year old Pekingese that has always suffered from depression when I leave. I get home yesterday from two days of being away and learn that she hasn't eaten, can't walk, and she's staring at me with those I just want to die eyes. I know her game so I acknowledge her, comfort her, and I'm off to do other things. But my husband is thinking that she really is going to die and actually states that she needs to be in hospice. He attempts to feed her and does her usual routine of putting her on our bed until 9:30 pm. Not tonight! She gets to sleep in our bed all night. Let me remind you - she's 14, so weird sounds come out of her, and she has missing teeth which causes dragon breath. How am I suppose to sleep with all of that going on. BTW, she slept great and is back to her normal crabby self.

The next room I'll call room #1. In this room I hear rustling through out the night of a hand in a bag of something edible, chewing, choking, and coughing. This goes on most of the night so when it's finally quiet I toy with the idea of getting up to make sure it's not quiet because they choked to death. In room #2 the door when opened sounds like the sound from a scary movie - it opened three times last night with the person walking down the hall and opening and closing the bathroom door. In room #3 it was pretty quiet last night. I usually hear everything that's thrown on the bed hit the floor through out the night, but last night not much fell. 

I'm not sure when I finally fell into a deep sleep, but I do know that I'm not ready to open my eyes when my house begins to wake up at 6 in the morning. I have dogs talking, the cat meowing, and birds chirping, but 
what's interesting is that I woke up to a DIY email that showed backyard playhouses. I decided that I'm going to build one that's large enough for a bed. Sleep problem solved!

Peace, love & hugs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people