Skip to main content

My Weekend

It's a beautiful Monday in Arizona!

My weekend was a little busier than usual since I typically hang out around the house. Saturday we took the camera out (courtesy of Shutterfly) and shot some pics of my T-shirts. It was fun and crazy, but I don't think we did bad for being amateur photographers. Thank goodness my 14 year old granddaughter has been reading up and watching videos on the camera.(shes saving up for one) She pretty much has mastered it so she was a good little instructor and photographer.

After the shoot we made our way downtown to CityScape to celebrate a very special birthday. My niece, Alicia French, International Assignment Editor @ sheknows.com and editor and creator @ givingthegoodlife.com was in Phoenix to celebrate turning 30! Had a fabulous night with great food and awesome people. There's nothing like relaxing on a rooftop in January - kind of makes me one to stay in Phoenix. Anyway, on Sunday it was more photos with different family; and now I'm feeling like I want to save for this camera as well. I'm also feeling lucky that my husband is an employee of Shutterfly - it has its perks! I don't think I would of been interested in a camera otherwise - my iphone has become my camera.

Now that I have photos my next step is to learn how to build a website. We're never too old to learn new things, right?

As for the T-shirts I have to say that I'm feeling extremely blessed to be able to see my vision come to life while receiving such positive feedback. My daughter and grandson walked to Starbucks in between us shooting wearing the I Am Enough shirt - a guy and his girlfriend driving past stopped and commented on how much they loved it and where could they buy one. I quickly instructed them after they shared this with me to always wear a shirt under so they can sell the one off their back. Just kidding - kind of, not really. What can I say, I'm a hustler - I would sell it off their backs.
Also, I have had several people ask what is my inspiration behind the shirts. It came to me from my poetry writing and my Soul Writing Workshops that I host. I have changed my life through positive quotes and affirmations.(cheaper than therapy) My background is fashion so the shirts just made sense to me. You never know what struggles people are facing. Someone seeing me wearing a shirt that says I Am Enough or Bent Not Broken might just be what they needed for that day.

So far I'm selling them through my closet on Poshmark www.poshmark.com/closet/murraytalk and to those who contact me directly through social networking sites, and from orders that my friends, children and grandchildren are getting. They are great walking advertisements for me! It feels amazing to have all the love and support that I get from them. I plan on doing trunk shows in the near future.
An idea is salvation by imagination. - Frank Lloyd Wright










Growth is the only evidence of life.  ~John Henry Newman, Apologia pro vita sua, 1864




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people