Skip to main content

My Friend


As I sipped my coffee and read through my emails this morning, my mind kept slipping away to thoughts of a very good friend of mine.

We met when I moved to Phoenix in 1989. We have had one disagreement and lots of ups and downs that just happen to workout when one of us is going through a rough time the other has already been through it. How awesome is that!
A Friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of 
    one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the 
    gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth 
    keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.
                                                                            - Arabian Proverb
This is her rough time and I've already lived it. I know the feeling, the hurt, and the pain she is feeling. I know the endless prayers we say in hopes of change. I know how it feels to get through a day with a smile on our face, but have a heart that is breaking. I see the sadness in her eyes that I've seen in my own. But through all of this what I really see is a blessing. We are blessed to have each other to walk with through the difficult times in our life journey. I find it interesting the people that God places in our lives. We are so different in so many ways, but our life is really so similar. I'm a bit high strung, like loud music, dancing and singing out loud to name a few. She doesn't dance, sings preschool songs, and loves to bake. We do share a love for coffee - although there's days when I feel like I could use some vodka in mine, and she would never!                 

On a serious note, we both share the knowledge and experience of dealing with family members struggling with addiction. It's a hard and exhausting walk, but you can't stop. I always think of the saying If God brought you to it, He'll get you through it. (God and a good friend)

My point to all of this is cherish your friendships and be there for one another. It's not our place to judge - we're here for encouragement and support. God has placed them in our life for a reason.

Proverbs 17:17 
17 A friend loves at all times...
Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people