Skip to main content

Live Life To Its Fullest

Everyone that knows me well is very familiar with me preaching that life is short so live it to its fullest because none of us know what the future has in store for us.

Many years ago when I was in insurance they constantly preached to us that none of us know our demise. I really started thinking about how true that was and decided I really needed to live my life. Which brought me to the conclusion that a corporate life wasn't for me, but it also made realize that we need to slow down and do the things that we love. No excuses that there isn't enough time or enough money. We need to be true to ourselves and make the time.

I didn't wake up thinking about life being short until my husband checked his work email and learned that his boss passed away this morning. He was younger than us and has a young child and a wife that he has left behind, and of course many many loved ones. It's so sad and so hard to believe at this very moment.

When you arise in the morning,
think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive...
To breathe ~ To think ~  To Enjoy ~  To Love.

Take time each day to see the blessings that you have. You have to let go of the burdens that make your heart ache, release the stresses from your life, and find time to have that moment with yourself and what brings you peace. My moment is sitting with my cup of coffee in the morning while thanking God in advance for my day - knowing that I have the favor of God brings me comfort and happiness.                              

Find your moment, find your happy, and live each day to its fullest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...