Skip to main content

We All Make A Wrong Decision

After spending the past weekend with friends and family I started thinking about how we all at least once in our lifetime made a decision that tests our character.


I am a person that reacts. As much as I count to ten, pray first, or go to my zen place, it doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I just need to be heard, and if you're screaming and not really hearing my words I'm going to get as loud as necessary for you to hear me. It's not the best solution, trust me! But, it's my character - who I am. I could blame it on my childhood, but that would mean that I'm not taking ownership for my behavior. I don't believe it's fair as an adult to use them as an excuse for my actions in life. But, I do believe with any bond there will be some disagreement and some conflict - that's just life! We need to speak; our truths, discuss our hurts, share our joy and sadness, otherwise, it festers and it's like walking on land mines each time you're around that person. I'm personally not good at waiting for the explosion to take place. I prefer to lay it all on the table so we have an understanding of the situation and can make a sound decision on which direction to go from there.
The people that are in my life and those that know me well, understand the way that I operate and accept me flawed and all. Isn't that what we want most out of life, acceptance? I don't want to feel as if I'm wrong if I react differently than you. I don't want to be a clone of the people that I love. I just want to be accepted for who I am with no judgments.
Find the people that give you the freedom to be you, and hang on tight to them. They're the ones that inspire you to be authentic and whole regardless.

There are so many quotes about walking away from people, which I agree is necessary at times, but we must learn that when we encounter difficulties with friends and loved ones it doesn't automatically mean that you need to change the path that you're on. We shouldn't look at every trial as a reason to redirect and quit the path that we're walking, but as what God is trying to teach us? Sometimes it's not about the other person and all about the truth of who we are. Other times it is about removing people that hurt you more than love you, but whatever the lesson may be,  just don't be too quick to throw away the people that are good to you, understand you, and add meaning to your life.

This week I came across this, "If you want to appreciate your family, talk to someone that doesn't have family." 

Carolyn Murray
With all the ups and downs that come with family and friends; I would rather live with them in my life than not at all.
Carolyn Murray

What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life – to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories. – George Eliot


Peace, love, & hugs,








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people