Skip to main content

Promotion Day!

carolyn murrayI had a Great morning attending my granddaughters eighth grade promotion. She looked gorgeous as usual and was displaying her million dollar smile as always. We are all so proud of her accomplishments thus far.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of annoying things that took place that I feel the need to get off my chest. The promotion took place in the gymnasium so it was tight seating to say the least. I was fine with the woman that brought her stadium seat with the pouch on the back that forced me to sit sideways, and I tolerated the two very young children that kicked me in the head and arm during the entire promotion. But, the family of these little blessings had party favors that they continued to blow in my ears as they screamed non stop to a child that I'm almost positive couldn't hear them. Along with the screaming one of the women managed to kick the flowers I brought for my granddaughter each time she blew her horn. I decided to take action by asking the woman in the stadium seat if I could borrow her pouch to store my flowers. Thankfully she was very accommodating. So here's my thought - if it's an indoor function where we're almost sitting on each others laps, please leave your blow horns at home or wait until you leave the building to blow it. If you must bring your children, please hold them securely on your lap, possibly in a side position as I was forced to do so they can kick the person that they belong to or another family member.(just a thought)
All in all it was a very nice celebration and I'm proud of all the young children that participated in this ceremony. Cheers to new beginnings!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
Seneca





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people