Skip to main content

Promotion Day!

carolyn murrayI had a Great morning attending my granddaughters eighth grade promotion. She looked gorgeous as usual and was displaying her million dollar smile as always. We are all so proud of her accomplishments thus far.

Unfortunately, I have a couple of annoying things that took place that I feel the need to get off my chest. The promotion took place in the gymnasium so it was tight seating to say the least. I was fine with the woman that brought her stadium seat with the pouch on the back that forced me to sit sideways, and I tolerated the two very young children that kicked me in the head and arm during the entire promotion. But, the family of these little blessings had party favors that they continued to blow in my ears as they screamed non stop to a child that I'm almost positive couldn't hear them. Along with the screaming one of the women managed to kick the flowers I brought for my granddaughter each time she blew her horn. I decided to take action by asking the woman in the stadium seat if I could borrow her pouch to store my flowers. Thankfully she was very accommodating. So here's my thought - if it's an indoor function where we're almost sitting on each others laps, please leave your blow horns at home or wait until you leave the building to blow it. If you must bring your children, please hold them securely on your lap, possibly in a side position as I was forced to do so they can kick the person that they belong to or another family member.(just a thought)
All in all it was a very nice celebration and I'm proud of all the young children that participated in this ceremony. Cheers to new beginnings!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.
Seneca





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...