Skip to main content

Cheers To My Nickle

I have always been a super multi-tasker  which I contribute to having five children. I was pretty much forced into mastering it, but after yesterday I think I'm slowly losing my skills.

I was at Safeway grabbing a couple bottles of wine with my daughter when I remembered that I needed five dollars to add to a birthday card. As we rushed through the store I grabbed a couple of other items and ran to the express checker. She greeted me and I responded (that was my mistake) and she never stopped talking after our pleasantries. She told me how great the brand of ground turkey is that I was purchasing, and the expiration date on my can of cranberries as I was diligently working on answering the debit questions on the ATM machine. I was almost to the point of putting in my cash back amount when she asked where I got my shirt from. As I was thinking of where of where I got my shirt and focusing on the debit machine she continued raving about it - which by the way was a simple white t-shirt. I hit the last button needed to complete the transaction finally looking up when out comes my cash back...a nickle! Yup, apparently in my deep thought of where I had purchased my white t-shirt I forgot to put in a couple of zeros for my cash back. I grabbed my nickle out of the coin return lifting it up as if I had received a trophy, and laughed hysterically. I didn't know I could debit a nickle over. She apologized asking if I wanted to purchase gum and try again. Um, no thanks...I'll just take my nickle and call it a day. If I stayed any longer I'd be tempted to take my shirt off and give it to her.

What happened? I use to be great at listening to everything and everyone around me and still function. This woman made me lose my entire thought process in a matter of seconds, but I have to thank her because the end result was priceless. I laughed most of the day thinking about it, and I hadn't done that in awhile. There's something to be said about having a good laugh, so cheers to my nickle!

“A day without laughter is a day wasted.”
Charlie Chaplin (1889-1977); Comic Actor, Filmmaker, Writer

Peace, love and hugs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people