Skip to main content

My New Journey

I had to look at the date of my last blog, which was Aug. 2016 to remember the last time I took a few minutes of my time to sit and share my thoughts.

Five months is a long time and quite a few changes have occurred for me. The most recent is finding out that I would no longer be watching three of my grandchildren. (I have 11) I have been watching this set consistently for the past seven years - partially because my son was in active addiction during those years. I found out through the slip of the tongue from my seven year old granddaughter that they were opting out of continuing to bring them to me. I felt a mixture of emotions, but anger was my initial feeling and the most difficult for me to get past because I felt that I deserved more. I deserved a conversation, and I deserved gratitude; both of which I didn't receive.
I ended up initiating the conversation because in order for me to have peace I have to confront situations that don't settle well in my soul. I expressed how ungrateful they were, but as the words came out of my mouth I mentally was reminded that I had unrealistic expectations. I know that people aren't going to act the way I expect them to act, and I can't expect them to be me. So, why talk about it to them - they just didn't get it and probably won't anytime soon. I vented, but to close friends and trustworthy family members because I needed to get it out in order to let it go - then I prayed and meditated.

I also decided to job search and on the third day of  attaching my resume to job after job I kept seeing my blog. I tried to shake thinking about it, but the thought was there to stay no matter how hard I worked to release it; so I took a few minutes and decided that God and I needed to have a talk. I was bold with my conversation explaining to Him that I had already walked that path and I was ready for a new journey, and I went back to my job search, but my blog continued to consume my thoughts. But, this time it was different - unrestricted. I have always been truthful with what I have shared, but it was always on the conservative side. That was my message - blog but say it like it was...no sugar coating this time around, and since I walk in faith I'm going to do it!

Those that know me well have heard my testimony - it's time I share it with the world.
I will soon be (with the grace of God) celebrating 58 years of life and 40 years of marriage. Experience, setbacks, hurts, sorrows, having a father that was a pedophile, a mother that had no fight in her, joy that I worked years to get, and how I achieved peace that enables me to sleep at night is what you will be reading from this day forward. I can't wait to begin this new journey!



Peace, love, & hugs!  


CarolynMurray
Cheers to my new journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seek

Happiness

Lies and Secrets

I don't want to say that I work really hard to be a good person, because that would imply that's not the true essence of who I am. The way I live my life is simple - honesty, loyalty, trust, and prayer. If you live your life based on lies, I don't trust anything that you say or do. It's a personal thing. When you grow up in an environment based on secrets and lies, you value and respect honesty. I had the honesty conversation with one of my granddaughters last night when my grandson blurted out some things that are going on in their home. Immediately my granddaughter reprimanded him stating that they're not suppose to tell people their parents business. I'm not going to lie, when she said that to him, the flashbacks started coming. I calmly explained to her that adults should never ask children to keep their secrets or lies, and if they live in fear of their business being told, maybe they should be living their life right, because I'm good with people