Skip to main content

I Did It

I finally did it! It meaning purchasing a laptop so I can blog again and do everything else that I've been putting off.

Why did I drag my feet...I'm cheap! I hate spending money. I still have toys from my first child that the grandchildren play with. (she was born in 1977) But, I took the plunge and now I'm back.

I'm currently working on a video for my coaching business, and as I was collaborating with my assistant/best friend. She suggested putting up childhood pictures - newborn shots, family pics...No, I don't have any of those. She was baffled and saddened by that. I guess it is sad in a way that I don't have anything but school pictures to reflect on during my younger life. But, that life was hell, so I feel blessed that I don't have the pics to trigger bad memories. It took me years to rid myself of the mental ones. I probably would have had a burning ceremony by now to purge the memories anyway - so it's all good!

It did make me think though of all the pictures we now take since all of our phones have a camera. There's really no excuse to not capture a life moment. My phone currently has 7,128 photos...that's insane! It's insane because I have shots of the cats sleeping, the cats walking, the dogs playing, the dogs sitting, and of course flowers blooming, eating out, hanging out, and the grandchildren. Whats going to happen to these when I'm gone? My children are already stuck with huge containers from their childhood to sort through. Maybe I did need childhood pics.

Anyway, I'm really back this time, and I will continue the crazy and random crap that pops in my head.

Blessings everyone!

Peace, love, & hugs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...