Skip to main content
I went to bed thinking of my husband with his father.                                                                                

This morning when we talked he said, "This is tough, but you know." It is tough, but the reward of being by a loved one's side before they go on their journey to Heaven is a beautiful thing. I know his experience is harder because his father is in pain, but God gives us the strength to do hard things.

I still have the memory of my sisters and I by my mother's bed feeding her ice chips, holding her hand, talking to her and praying for her. For me, that time allowed me to have real moments with my sister's and my mother.

Tom has been sitting by his side talking to him and holding his hand as he responds with moaning and grunting. I know how frustrating it is to not understand what they're trying to tell you. My mother had a look in her eyes that expressed the words that wouldn't come out. Her last words to us was, " No pain." Those two words was all I needed.                                                                                                  

Last night when Tom told his father that he was leaving and would see him in the morning he expected a moan or no response, but he got, "Goodbye Tom."                                                                                   I love that not only did he respond, but he knew that Tom had been by his side... priceless!

Have a blessed Friday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...