Skip to main content

Day 6

It's funny how you can be miles away but none of the crap in your life goes away.

As you know I had my son leave my house weeks before I left for vacation, but he's been showing up since I've been gone to shower and eat.

I got a phone call from my daughter saying he looks awful and he told her he's tired of being on the streets. She said she was going to let him shower while she ran to the doctor. I knew while he was there he would be on facebook - I messaged him and told him there's certain conditions for living in my house again and we would talk when I get back. He agreed so my daughter and I made the decision to let him stay.                                                                                                                        

I knew as the day went on all he had done was sit on facebook so I messaged him and told him that he needed to get off  fb, look for a job and go to a meeting. That sentence made him flip out and message back that he would rather live on the streets. I responded with, "it's your choice."                                                  

My daughter had to deal with the tantrum - Of course he can't just walk out of the door without placing blame and screaming disparaging remarks. Lucky for me he didn't break anything this time.

 I'm sure round 2 will be coming when I get home.

Today we went to the Farmer's Market - going to hang out at the condo the rest of the day.                                                                

Everyone is ready to pack up and leave the beach -It looks like we'll be ending this vacation early.

Have an awesome Thursday!



So many choices...Farmer's Market

Farmer's Market

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...