Skip to main content

Friendship Day


HAPPY NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY! Those that know me well know that I'm not big on all of these designated days, unless of course it's National Wine Day; but friendship was already on my mind before I realized what day it was.

I have a small circle of friends because my friendships are extremely important to me. I value them and I never take the relationship for granted. I know that my friends are one of God's many blessings to me - I'm grateful for each and everyone of them.

Here's what being my friend boils down to:

There's certain expectations that I have with my friends - unspoken but known. Such as trust & honesty. I want to be able to share my life, both good and bad without worry of it being repeated. I want them to be honest with me regardless if I want to hear it or accept it. If I messed up tell me, because I'm sure going to tell you.
I hate being too serious - I love having random conversations that make me laugh.
I have a sense of humor that not everyone will get, but so far I haven't been bumped off the friend list for it.
I can't seem to get through a day without saying the word fuck a few times too many.
I'm analyzing just a little when we're talking, but never judging. (I share my thoughts)
I'm all about fun, music, and wine, and accept the invitations to go out, but despise having to get ready to go out, but I show up! (Tina)
I like a diverse group of friends. We learn from each other.
You have to be yourself! I want the real raw you.
Most importantly, I will be your friend through the best times of your life, and the hardest times if you allow me. I don't turn my back or walk away when the ground is shaky.
I'm all about friends for life.

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...