Skip to main content

You Want To Know What?

I get emails asking me questions that I typically answer on a personal level, but this one I thought I'd blog.

Question: Who are you? I am a wife that has been married to the same man since I was 18, a mother of five and grandmother of 8. I feel those are my bragging rights, but me as an individual - I'm a spiritual individual that loves writing, dancing, fitness, fashion, and life in general. I always thought that I could save the world - I'm still working on it.

Question: What are your dislikes? I really hate washing silverware - hate putting it in the dishwasher, and hate putting it away. I dislike bullies no matter what age they are. Don't like rude and pretentious people. Not a fan of drama, don't like disloyal people and I don't like beef.

Question: What do you do for fun? Drink! No, the things I do for fun no one else would classify as fun, but fun for me is crafts, re-decorating, taking pictures, gardening, going to Goodwill and hanging out at home.

Question: What made you blog? Well, I have always had a diary since I was a kid. I journal and write poetry...things you do when you've had a screwed up life. Writing and music has always been my salvation...blogging seemed fitting.

Question: What do you classify as your accomplishments? My children and my marriage. I've passed up some great once in a life time opportunities offered by some amazing people, but my family has always come first. You only get one chance in life for certain memories - I wanted mine to be of my family.

Question: What do you want to do with your life? Help people, save people, feed people, love people, travel and live what's left of my life on a secluded ranch with my husband, a couple of horses, a dog and a John Deer tractor.

Question: What are some things that people don't know about you? Since most of you don't know me I would have an endless list, but here's a few. 1. I'm not that girl that likes getting my nails done or pedicures. 2. I like to shop alone. 3. Truthfully, I hate shopping. 4. If I have to shop, I love resale. 5. I don't like eating out. 6. I hate surprises.

Question: What was your best age? Wow, that's a toss up for me. I loved 18 because I gained my freedom by escaping from my nightmare life... it was like a re-birth for me. But, I think in my 30's I really embraced who I am.

There's more questions, but I'm really not that interesting. Who knows, maybe I'll answer more another time.

Love your Wednesday... make it a happy one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...