Skip to main content

It's Only 99 Cents!

I was at the 99 Cent store the other day, which by the way is genius. Does anyone every walk out with one item -I spent almost $50.

There's things you would never buy and probably don't need, but who cares... it's only 99 cents. Which brings me to something I found.

They had giant letters and number that are made of wood. How could I pass these up!

I've been working on trying to brighten up my brown room. The walls are venetian plaster so I don't want to paint over them, and for now it's just the playroom/nap room for my granddaughter.

Here's what I did. The color is off since I shot this outside, but I decoupaged them with scrap booking paper that had orange, hot pink, yellow and lime green in stripes, flowers and polka dots. After they dried I sprayed them with clear gloss.

It was an easy and fun project that took 30 minuets or so to do. I was thinking it would be cool to buy the numbers for my address and spray paint them. I'm just not sure if I can go back and walk out with only the numbers.

Happy Saturday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...