Skip to main content

What's Quiet

I sat down at my computer last night to blog since I couldn't handle watching The Voice or The The Housewives of Atlanta. I love The Voice but this season isn't doing it for me, and I've been a Housewives fan since creation, but the Housewives of Atlanta was off my list since it started up again. It only took a few minutes of listening and looking at those caddy judgemental grown ass women acting like their still in high school to reaffirm why I had stopped watching . The only one that is tolerable is Kim Zolciak, and honestly, I don't know how she does it - they are some crazy black women.                              

Anyway, I figured my 2 year old granddaughter is gone, everyone is in different areas of my house, it's nice and quiet so I can actually think - Wrong!

First I have my 12 year old granddaughter plop on the exercise ball beside me playing with ice and her straw in a plastic cup while telling me a story. Next there's issues in the courtyard about the hookah which immediately turns to boyfriend/girlfriend drama that I'm stuck listening to. Then my daughter walks in to pick up my granddaughter and wants to know what's going on outside and how to make scallop potatoes and ham. The hookah gathering is relocating so car doors are slamming and cars are speeding out of the neighborhood as my  daughter is screaming at her boyfriend... he leaves. She is now screaming for my car keys so she can chase the boyfriend, and I'm screaming,  "You need therapy!"                

All I wanted to do is sit and enjoy my quiet - is that too much to ask?                                                              

Remember the Huxtable's and the episode when Claire got her sound proof room with a secret code to open the door? I want one ASAP!                                                                                                      
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BTcMPEajmE&feature=relmfu

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...