Skip to main content

You Can't ...

Two things have been bothering me the past couple of days so I'm going to vent.

The first is all the Instagram pictures with girls wearing You Can't Sit With Us t-shirts. Do we not have enough mean girls and bullies in the world that we find the need to have a mean girl t-shirt too. Someone please explain to me the purpose of these shirts because I don't get it, and I don't like them!

Second on my list - people that refuse to fix themselves but insist on making everyone around them miserable. Here's my thought. If you want to be unhappy and complain about everything everyday - live alone and don't communicate with anyone. I guess I should rephrase that. Don't communicate with me. I know the old saying misery likes company, but I don't want that kind of company. I can't stand the placing blame on others when they're the ones that are creating all the chaos and negativity. I realize that everyone has unhappy moments, but there's a difference between having a bout of unhappiness and habitually being unhappy. I just don't have patience for it. Learn to love yourself and get happy!

Now that I have that off my chest I can happily go on with my day.

Peace, Love & Hugs!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...