Skip to main content

I'm 55

 I aged when I wasn't paying attention!

When I turned sixteen I was given a drivers license. At eighteen, my friends and I were hitting the clubs and could legally drink and vote. At fifty five I have all that plus much more. In fact, I just found out from my sister in Tucson that Albertsons and Frys offer 10% discounts on Wednesdays - Bring on the discounts!

My age has never has meant much to me simply because I have never put much thought into aging - there's more important things in life for me to think about, but I must admit I'm excited to embark on being a Senior Citizen. Admittedly, I have learned a few things over the years. Such as, there is truth to the saying with age comes wisdom. I understand what "life is a journey, enjoy the ride" really means now. I know that life is something more meaningful than money, and I know that there is purpose in life. I know that I should always be thankful for being blessed with another day regardless of what kind of day it is.I also know that for all I went through in my life, I wouldn't want to change it - because that's how I became me.

Here's to a new journey and a new chapter!



Peace, love & hugs!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...