Skip to main content
Sunday ended up being a busy day for everyone in my house. We keep starting little house projects that involve making a mess, but once completed it's refreshing.

Kelsey decided to paint her bedroom so the hallway became a danger zone for the majority of the day, but she completed her task and the room looks great. And I did tackle the jacuzzi room as planned and started a Goodwill bag and a throw away bag. I'm happy to say the Goodwill bag is fuller. I feel like I've been unloading my life at Goodwill the past few weeks, but I feel good about getting rid of stuff. I guess this is the season in my life where I need to purge.

In between the cleaning Tom and I took a quick trip to the cemetery to visit his dad and my mom. It really is nice that they're at the same cemetery.



Came home to a continuation of sorting and cleaning before my daughters and granddaughters started getting ready for a flash mob that they were doing for Breast Cancer... never a dull moment at my house.

Now I'm off to take Makenna to her first day of preschool... praying that she'll use kind words. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.


Ready for Preschool!



Have a beautiful Monday! “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
― Abraham Lincoln








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...