Skip to main content



It seems lately that most of my emails and text messages are from friends asking for prayer.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in our own life and forget that other people are hurting and need our prayers.

My friend Eric was sharing with me that Saturday around 2 in the morning he suddenly woke up. He couldn't fall back to sleep so he started praying for friends and family. As he prayed he kept seeing his brother in law - he said he was on his knees praying for him for 45 minutes or so.                     Later that morning he sent him a text message telling him that God put on his heart for him to pray for him, and that he needed to be the bigger person and contact his daughter from his previous marriage that he had been wanting to have a relationship with. Eric received a text from his brother in law later that afternoon saying, "Guess where I'm at?" He was having lunch with his daughter. That was on Saturday and Sunday he passed away. It's a tragic loss for the family, but such a blessing for his daughter that she was able to have a moment and a memory of her dad. It's true, sometimes all it takes is just one prayer.

The Bible reminds us in 2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”




I just want to remind everyone to take time to pray for others.

Have a safe and blessed Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...