Skip to main content
Last night the family came over for dinner to celebrate my daughter Melissa's Birthday. We made it simple and casual - grilled and had cupcakes and cake.

One of my granddaughters, Litzy, came over and made cupcakes with my daughter Kelsey. They baked Melissa's cupcake in a terra cotta pot - they put a bow around the pot and put a cute plastic wand with a glitzy star on the cupcake - (which caught on fire and melted on the cupcake) it was really cute.

When I purchased the pack of star wands the cashier said, "Oh a princess party. "  I said, " Yea, the princess is turning 32."  Crazy how quickly the years go by.                                                                                                                

Madison went to Build a Bear and made a bear that says I love you mom in Madison's voice. My personal gift to her was a shower cap because she always wants to borrow mine.                                  

She got fun and practical gifts and the evening wasn't too chaotic, so it was good.


Today is her actual Birthday - Happy Birthday Melissa!

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time. 
-Jean Paul Richter
Happy Sunday... Peace & Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...