Skip to main content
Yesterday Tom and I drove to Strawberry , AZ to check out their craft fair. For me there wasn't anything that I hadn't seen before when it comes to crafters, but it was nice walking around. What's crazy is that I ran into two people that I hadn't seen in years, and Tom ended up running into a guy he worked for years ago - he led us to another guy that Tom worked with that owns a wood shop in town  by the craft fair... it's a small small world.


After our visit to the wood shop we drove to Flagstaff and stopped at Art in the Park. They had unique and beautiful art pieces that I fell in love with, but best of all... a french fry stand! They peeled, cut and cooked the fries while you waited. After eating fries that my body didn't need we walked downtown and did some shopping - had dinner with family and friends in the evening, and somehow in the process I ended up sick. I'm not sure if it's a cold or the flu but it's screwing up my weekend.

We were thinking of driving to Sedona for breakfast this morning, but as of this moment no plans - I'm still in bed surrounded by kleenex.

Enjoy your Sunday...make it a safe one!

Had to share this photo of the barn by the wood shop... I just love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...