Skip to main content

Monday

Yup, it's Monday and for me it begins with Makenna - luckily I was asleep when she was dropped off this morning so she fell asleep. Usually she stays awake and is a ball of energy from the time she gets here until bedtime.

I had a really good day yesterday catching up with my niece Diana from Tucson. I moved to Phoenix when she was young so it seems like funerals and facebook have really been our only connection. We're really not that far from each other, but we hate driving from Phoenix to Tucson and vice versa. But we're both going to work on all of the family getting together more often. I'm lucky if I see my sisters and brother a couple times a year - that needs to change.

Speaking of family and facebook - if you're not my friend on facebook you don't know that 2 of my granddaughters made the cheer squad at their middle school - really proud of them. Also, one of my grandsons tried out for the basketball team at his school. He's in second grade and tried out against 4th, 5th and 6th graders. He didn't make the team - I told him that he has plenty of time to make it. He said, "I know, but I wanted to be a legend at my school - the first second grader to make the team."  LOVE IT!!!                                      

Congratulations to all my grandchildren for being awesome!

Time to get some work done around the house before Makenna wakes up. We're going to paint the interior so I need to get all of my crosses off of the wall in the foyer. Make it a great Monday!!!

When you drink the water, remember the spring. 
Chinese Proverb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...