Skip to main content


I woke up way too early this morning. 

Yesterday Makenna was playing with Tom's phone so we woke up to an alarm that sounded like the phone ringing at 4am. I will be ready for bed by 7 tonight.

I read a few devotionals before I ventured out of bed to make my way to the coffee. After pouring a huge cup I joined the dogs in the backyard. We sat watching a quick shower of rain and enjoyed the morning view - at least I did, the dogs decided to ditch me to run in the grass.

As I sit staring at the sky and the palm trees I can't help but think that I need to do this more often. I never take time to enjoy the view. My morning usually begins with me running around the house with a cup of coffee in my hand which usually ends up cold before I have time to finish it. I'm actually enjoying listening to the birds chirp, but I have to admit that I'm really tempted to grab the broom and start sweeping the patio - I have relaxing issues, but I'm forcing myself to stay seated and enjoy some of life's simple pleasures. 

I believe when I get close to the end of my journey on this earth - my memories of  the simple things in life will be my treasures.



 It's not about having it all. It's about having what you value most. 
- Jean Chatzky


.

Have a beautiful Sunday - take some time to enjoy the simple things in life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...