Skip to main content

Me and Facebook

I deleted my facebook months ago but I still have people asking me why. So today I'm going to tell the world.

First of all, If I didn't talk to you in high school it's probably the same reason I don't need to talk to you as an adult out of high school. Secondly, no one cares that your eating a cookie, doing a jumping jack, or that you're with your boo. ( don't people have real names anymore) And for the people that their water and electricity is cut off every other month, but they're posting pictures of thousand dollar purses and shoes saying," have to have." Really, in what life time? Oh, and we can't forget the one's that have to comment on everything you post, because in their head they know it all and have done it all. I don't care where you're checking in or where you've been for that matter... don't need to see a million pictures of your baby and don't want to hear about the girlfriends you hate or the boyfriend that left you.  You see, my real friends I already know what happening in their world, what they do, what their interests are, when their birthday is, what their kids, grand kids, and pets look like. We're real friends! So what it comes down to it,  I can't handle fake whiny people in real life or in facebook world.

I think these are funny and so true... don't get your feelings hurt if you're a facebook addict - just thought I'd share.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...