Skip to main content

Good Times!

I was driving home listening to the radio when the song Too Close, by Next http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEZRPkAAu8&ob=av3e  came on. It took me back to the days of hanging out at The Orange Tree Resort in the lounge on a Friday or Saturday night listening to Dony's rendition of that song. We would dance up until the band ended. The band was Tribe 7 with Dony Adair.

We became friends with Dony and had many parties and probably too many great times there. But, it was always fun with the regulars on Friday and Saturday nights. It just so happened that the last night we were there, the lounge was closing and the band was searching for a new venue.

 Dony is still singing and is with the Tre Ja Vu Band. http://trejavuband.com/fr_donyadair.cfm

I would love to find a place again like the Orange Tree where it's not full of 21 year olds and fake boobs. Not that I'm opposed to either one, but I like a variety.


                          The Orange Tree lounge left us with great memories... good times!






“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination 
and life to everything.” 
― Plato

Dance is the hidden language of the soul. *Martha Graham* 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...