Skip to main content

Urine Anyone?

Urine must be in high demand these days... has anyone asked for yours?  It happened to me yesterday when a 30 year old friend of mine called to ask if she could use some of mine. My first response was, "I just peed." Secondly I said. "Can't they tell the difference in urine of a 52 year old menopausal woman and a 30 year old?" I don't know how this stuff works. As she laughed hysterically she decided I probably wasn't the best candidate. So she called a mutual friend in her 30's that was out walking in my neighborhood and would be passing by my house. Like any good friend out for their morning walk, she stopped by to pee in a huge freezer ziplock bag. (only because I was out of sandwich bags) Anyway, the urine is sitting outside ready to be picked up when I hear the doorbell. In comes my friend with the bag of urine to throw it in my microwave. Being the germaphobe that I am, I'm thinking there's not enough bleach or cleansers that will ever make me feel confident that there's no trace of urine in my microwave. Just as I put this whole urine experience out of my mind the phone rings.  It's my little urine seeker... " I'm so mad - I didn't even get to use it because it spilled all over my pants." Oh my gosh, I squealed... buy new pants!" There's just something nasty about walking around with someone else's urine on you.

Just keeping it real!

I know some of you are probably thinking what type of friends do I have. But there's a legitimate reason for the madness, I just can't share details of someone else's story.

"Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you feel the true warmth."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...