Skip to main content

Gym Time!

Last night I definitely wasn't in the mood to workout, but I pushed myself to go anyway. As I got on the treadmill I made sure my music was songs that I love so I could sing along instead of thinking about how much I'd rather be home with a glass of wine. Anyway, I had 15 minutes left when in comes this girl that jumps on the treadmill beside me. She flings her leg up on one side and begins to stretch... then on to the other side to stretch. She then gathers all her hair together and puts it up in a high ponytail...lastly she proceeds to get her ipod ready. I'm thinking cool... she's going to kick butt on this machine and motivate me to run my ass off  the last 15 minutes. I'm pumped! Got the good music playing, bumping my speed up, and she begins walking.  I figure she'll warm up 3-5 minutes so I keep looking over at her waiting for this race to begin. Well twelve minutes later I'm still running and looking over while she's still walking slowly, and I'm sure wondering why I keep looking at her. I about fell off the treadmill laughing in my head. Guess you had to be there... nonetheless, it made my night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRXQed9PcsA Fitness 1... my gym!

The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy…It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed. – Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...