Skip to main content

Just Say Thank You

I'm not sure at what age I learned to appreciate and acknowledge what others do for me; but as an adult it is something that I always practice.

People have their own lives to manage, and we're all busy juggling what life throws at us unexpectedly, so the fact that someone takes the time to do kind and thoughtful things for me cannot go without acknowledgement as far as I'm concerned. I'm talking about a simple thank you that can now be sent through a text. I'm probably one of the rare breeds that loves to send cards, so I don't have that expectation from others. I'm sure most of you are saying that I shouldn't have any expectations, but I do. I believe in the words thank you, and it is the two words that we are taught as toddlers. We hand them something and almost immediately we ask, now what do you say, and they mutter thank you. So from this day forward I will say, now what do you say, to those that have forgotten that lesson. Furthermore, I call bullshit on being too busy, didn't hear my phone, and I didn't get your text.

Can you tell that I have a bit of an attitude with all of this? I had a day yesterday of being ignored from two people that I constantly do things for, and I felt taken for granted. Maybe it wasn't intentional on their part, but it was how I felt, so I had to express my feelings to them. I had to let them know for my well being because I refuse to let anger supersede my joy - I had to get my peace back - stating my feelings did just that. Well, it almost did. I have to admit blogging about it makes feel even better.
So take time today to tell your go to person that you appreciate them - even if it's not National Appreciation Day, and if you did it on National Say Something Nice Day (June 1st) Do it again, and again!

There's blessings in gratitude!

Peace, Love & Joy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...