Skip to main content
I met with Eric last night at Lux http://luxcoffee.com/ to work on The Shutter Release Project II.

First of all, I had the best tacos and chocolate cake at Lux. It really is a fun and relaxing place to hang out.

As for The Shutter Release, we got a lot accomplished - it's going to be a great event!


On the way home I stopped at a Walgreen's in a seedy area - I was approached by a well dressed homeless lady. She asked me for money to eat so I offered to take her to McDonald's across the street.

She said, " I can't go there because they're racist against homeless people." She then said to me, " I know I don't look homeless, but just because you're homeless doesn't mean you have to look poor."

I kept walking to my car trying to end the conversation, but she wasn't going to have it. She was too close for comfort - in my bubble. I finally pulled out a dollar that was in the bottom of my purse and handed it to her. She said, " Is that all you got, don't you have change in your purse?" Give me a break!

I told her you're lucky to get a dollar because I never carry cash. She started peeking in the car as I opened the door asking if there was change in there. When I told her no there wasn't any she wanted to know why I don't carry change.

I finally said, " I save my change at my house for vacation and use a debit card so I never carry cash."

"Oh, " was her response as she thanked me and walked away FINALLY!

This woman needs to get off the streets and be in sales - she's definitely a closer.

I never give money but always offer to purchase food when I'm approached. I'm not sure if it was her not going to give up that led me to hand over a dollar or God, but in my heart I felt that I needed to give her something.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...