Skip to main content

Writing

I started writing again and I'm exhausted!

Whenever I write about my life I become physically drained, and now I have a massive headache to top it off. I'm not quite sure why I even attempt to do it, but whenever I pray for direction or ask what I'm suppose to do, book is the message I get. Can't Tyler Perry just meet with me so I can tell him my story - he makes a movie and we all live happily ever after. That way I get it all out and don't have to keep going to that dark place in my life.

I sat in a meeting a few weeks ago with a group of drug addicts in treatment listening to their stories, the parents story , the counselor's story. All I kept thinking is I could of been a lot of things with the way my family was, but I chose not to become a drug addict or an alcoholic. I'm not saying I'm perfect - we all have skeletons in our closet, but I made a choice on what direction to go with my life - becoming a drug addict was not on my list or on the list of any of my siblings. I have to question why none of us are addicts.

Anyway, we'll see if I can make it through this without wanting to curl up in the fetal position and question God.



"It takes vision and courage to create - it takes faith and courage to prove." - Owen D. Young

It's National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - eat some ice cream and make it a Happy Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...