Skip to main content

National Best Friend Day


It's National Best Friends Day!

 I think you're fortunate if you have at least one good friend in your life -I'm happy to say that I do.

I think the older we become our friendships are a lot different - most of us are more cautious of the people that we have in our life. For example, I know a lot of people and communicate with many of them on a daily basis, but only a few (2) know what's happening in my world. They know the ups and downs and the good and bad of my life - I'm blessed to have them as my friend.

I was thinking back when I was young and how desperate everyone seemed to want friends. Of course, most of them wanted to be a part of the popular group and wear the other half of the best friends necklace. But, you grow up and realize that the popular group really weren't that popular, and that you need genuine and loyal people in your life.

So cheers to my best friends! ( you know who you are) May we go through our golden years with continued laughter and memories. When the day comes that we can no longer remember, may we still be blessed with laughter. LOVE YOU GUYS!

It's also Name Your Poison Day - thought that was fitting. Have a drink and bond some more with that best friend of yours. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...