Skip to main content

It's Only Days Away

I feel like I've been writing, talking, living and dreaming The Shutter Release Project forever, and now I'm looking at weeks away before it becomes a reality.

If someone were to ask me today what was the most exciting thing about working on The Shutter Release Project, I would have to say all the wonderful people I've met. I know that sounds so cliche', but it's true! To stand in a room with a group of creative people is an amazing feeling - positive energy is just bouncing off the walls. Each person has a great story of how photography became not only their dream, but their life and their passion. I love that their willing to share their love with the world to move forward in their craft.

Also, I'm excited that Yvette Adams will be performing that evening. I was at First Friday in April and was drawn to a voice that I could hear in the distance. As I walked towards the voice I saw a young girl playing the keyboard and singing - I loved it! I grabbed her flier and went on my way not having the opportunity at that moment to speak with her, but I kept hearing her voice in my head and couldn't stop thinking about how much I loved it. I think you'll agree with me once you hear her.

https://www.facebook.com/YvetteAdamsMusic

http://www.yvetteadams.net/ Yvette was born and raised in Arizona. She got involved in acting and musical theater at a young age performing in many local musical theater productions. As she got older, she continued participating in theater. Her sultry voice and sex appeal on stage got her cast as Rizzo in her high school’s production of “Grease” and as Kate in “The Wild Party” while attending the University of Arizona.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...