Skip to main content

Hospice & Treatment

Hospice and Treatment are consuming my mind at the moment.

My husband received an email from his sister yesterday saying that hospice would be going to his parents home beginning today for his father. We all knew in our hearts that he wasn't getting better, but Hospice - my husband and I weren't prepared for that - at least I wasn't.
CMurray
My father in law
Last night we dropped my daughter off for treatment for a minimum of 28 days. It was one of the most difficult things I have done as a parent. I'm proud of her - I know how hard it was for her to walk in that door and not turn around and walk out. She has struggled for a long time, so this is going to be a good thing for her and everyone involved.

As for me, my head is full of mixed emotions - it's just too much. But, I don't let anything keep me down, I can't, or some one would end up having to work hard on getting me to function again... I know that about me. When my mother passed away I told myself I had one day to lie in bed, cry and feel sorry for myself, and that's what I did. I don't do many "me" days and I don't feel that I need one yet. I'm just praying like a crazy woman for my family - that's all I can do.                                                                                                                                                                                  

"You can do more than pray after you have prayed; but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed."  A.J. Gordon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...