Skip to main content


I've refrained this week from expressing what I really feel to someone that has stumbled. I know that they're not in the right state of mind to really hear what I'm saying so the conversation would really be about how I'm feeling at the moment, and it's not about me. Although I am affected by the choices made I'm not the one in the battle.

I know how hard it was and how long it took for me to fix myself so I understand the struggle. But it gets tiresome and old for those involved after awhile. It stirs up too many emotions and robs me of sleep.

I hate thinking that maybe this is what he wants for his life. I hope that he's just a little fearful of change right now. I know that fear is a natural reaction when you begin to acknowledge your truth. It's much easier to run and numb yourself versus dealing with all the emotions and acknowledge what's keeping you stuck.

All that I can do is let go and pray that everything he's learned will resurface and he'll get back on track because I can't be dragged into the emotional roller coaster again.



Peace, Love, & Hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Does Color Matter

I know I said today was going to be my day off, but I just came home from visiting a friend that was telling me about her friend's daughter that is Asian, in first grade and attending a new school. Apparently, she is being ostracized by her peers because of her ethnicity. Isn't the age of a first grader 5 or 6? This just proves my theory that racism will never end. In fact, I think it's getting worse. I base my theory on me being an interracial child (Black, Mexican, Indian & White) that was in first grade in 1965 at a predominately white school; meaning no Blacks. This was my life through school until the last two years of high school when a couple of Black students came. If there were any signs of racism I didn't see it or hear it... don't you think I should have considering the era?  So maybe that's it... we've become a society that thinks it's okay to freely express our opinion of another human being without any regards to the effect it may hav...
I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...