Skip to main content

Miss Bossy Pants

Miss Bossy Pants and Grandma/Nanny
I was at the park with my 2 year old granddaughter when a little girl around 3 years of age came over basically to let us know that she was the boss of the playground. She was telling Makenna where she could go and what she could do. Finally I said in a polite voice, "She's only 2." She yelled, " SO! My brother's only 2 and he can do what I say."  I  decided that was my red flag - time to remove ourselves from the situation. So I packed up the stroller and went over to the swings. But, before I got a push in, along comes Miss Bossy Pants telling Makenna to pump as she screamed instructions like a drill sargent. Up and down, up and down she chanted while getting on the swing  next to us. Thankfully two other women walked over for their kids to swing - they became blessed with her instructions. Soon she was bored with each of us since we all ignored her comments and demands - except for Makenna who was soaking it all in. She then started screaming across the park for someone named Amanda. Before I knew it an elderly woman that is either grandma or nanny came over, and Miss Bossy Pants demanded a push. It seemed as if this poor woman barely made her way back to the baby swings so she could push Miss Bossy Pants little brother, when Miss Bossy Pants screamed, "Amanda, come here right now! And she did. Once Amanda made her way to the swing she continued screaming out orders to this poor woman. Such as, "twist me now, push me high, and push me right now!" Not once did I hear a please. When Amelia said no to the twisting for fear that she would get hurt, she demanded that she do it NOW! And she did, and I didn't hear a thank you. I was giving her the mom stare while the other women were staring at Amanda in shock. Are you kidding me? When did we quit teaching kids about respect or simple manners?
Makenna taking notes on being 3 and in charge
This isn't the first time I've witnessed this behavior. It seems kids just aren't taught how to behave anymore. They're screaming in restaurants, running around stores, hiding in racks, talking back to their parents, interrupting while adults are having a conversation. addressing adults by first names, and asking questions that are none of their business. I don't get it... does anyone parent anymore?

And when she one day turns on me and calls me a Bitch in front of Hollister, Give me the strength, Lord, to yank her directly into a cab in front of her friends, For I will not have that Shit. I will not have it.  -Tina Fey

"When you're eight years old nothing is your business." 
Lenny Bruce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I shared with you how I had my son leave my home because he's not in a good place right now.  Yesterday he was sitting outside my home when I pulled up.  I asked him why he was here - Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he's okay but I can't be an enabler.                                                                               He had a couple of reasons why he popped in, but I know the real one is that he thought no one would be home and he was hoping he could get in to eat, crash, and find something to sell at a pawn shop. As horrible as that sounds it's the reality of how a drug addict operates.                                                     ...

Have An Open Heart

As I was sorting through pictures this morning I came across pictures of my seven-year-old granddaughter with girls that she met for the first time on a 2 day stay in Prescott. I was drawn to the smiles on their faces and the love in their eyes. They met, accepted each other, and acted as if they had been lifelong friends. Oh, how I had forgotten about the innocence of a child. The color of skin, the size of a body, the structure of a face does not matter. They are ready to accept and love unconditionally until we and society teach them differently. There was nothing but smiles and laughter as they danced, made beaded jewelry, and ate. They made sure that they all were a part of whatever they were participating in. They cared about each other's feelings and made sure that everyone was having fun and was happy. Why is it that we grow to become so obsessed with appearance and behavior of others that we miss seeing the light or the struggles in others?  We're so q...

Fun At The Duce

The rain didn't stop us from having a great night at The Duce. The food was amazing, the DJ was fun, and I saw a lot of Arizona talent doing karaoke. One of the reasons I chose The Duce is because I love the ambiance. They have it set up with all the things that I grew up with...it's like a big playground for adults. The Duce is filled with ping pong tables, hula hoops, bean bag toss, punching bags, pull up bars, boxing ring, stationary bikes, foosball, karaoke, and a dance floor! There's also a little soda shop area if you want to grab a milk shake, and retail if you want something inspirational or vintage. Imagine a warehouse full of people of all ages having  old school fun.  Although we didn't get to enjoy the patio or order directly off the food truck due to the rain, it was a great night. After last night we decided it would be fun to do a family event there - the grandchildren would have a blast! Thanks again to everyone that came out in the rain, and to ...